BUZZCUT // THE ART SCHOOL
(F)Unnatural // A CLUB PERFORMANCE RESIDENCY
Performance: Fuck Soup by Ray Filar and Krishna Istha
Photo: Julia Bauer
A wee update!
It’s very wicked and fizzy to announce that the three artists/companies we are working with on this wee experiment are:
Feb – March
F-M-I-N (Amy Cameron & Leonie-Rae Luhrmann) with Aniela Piasecka
April – May
June – July
See ya on the danceflooor
Here’s the original call our just for fun and context of what we’re up to with this…
Hiya hiya hiya! Have you noticed there’s quite a lot of performance happening in clubs recently? Like… a little more than usual. Because we have! And we think this is a super cool thing in BUZZCUT and The Art School’s opinion! We wanted to put our heads, hands and hearts together to help continue this 🙂
The Art School and BUZZCUT are teaming up to invite submissions from Scotland-based artists looking to develop new performances for club environments. We welcome applications from artists working in the blurry, murky worlds between live art, contemporary performance and visual art who are looking to develop their practice in this area. This residency project can be most useful to an artist who is currently really in need of rehearsal space. Glasgow is really struggling to provide rehearsal rooms and space for performance makers, and this project is keen to help!
What you’ll get:
– Minimum of 4 paid gigs (£50 per gig) over a two-month period at selected club nights in the Art School.
– Events will be selected based on your individual practice in conversation with BUZZCUT & The Art School.
– Rehearsal and Meeting space on availability ( Minimum 1 full day per week)
– Rider provided
– Mentorship from the Art School and BUZZCUT and their associated artists from Scotland and further afield
– Opportunities to collaborate with students across Glasgow.
– Small materials budget
– Documentation of your work (Dependent on permission from the individual club nights)
We have three slots available:
– February – March 2017
– April – May 2017
– June – July 2017
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for artists whose work doesn’t fit into traditional categories of theatre, dance, music or poetry. The residency is not for a gigging poet or band/musician, however these practices may be incorporated into the pieces you develop. We’re looking for artists who want to consider how their practices may be adapted for a loud, busy, boozy club context.
If you plan to use this residency and rehearsal space as part of a wider project you are engaged in we’d love to hear about it. This is not essential by any means 🙂
The work you create must have a performative element but can be any length or any location in The Vic Bar. The artist must be based in Scotland. Artists based outside of Glasgow may still apply but we will sadly not be able to cover travel or accommodation costs.
We will not be accepting applications from Undergraduate or Postgraduate students.
How to apply:
Send your application by email to Lewis Prosser email@example.com with the subject line ‘Art School Residency – Your Name’ and include:
– Phone number:
– Email Address:
– Up to 600 words on your practice, the work you want to develop as part of the residency and why this is important and interesting to you at this time:
- Any supporting documentation you have of your work (videos, pictures):
- Which 2-month slot(s) are you available for?:
The deadline for applications is Friday 6th January 2017
We look forward to reading your applications!
BUZZCUT & The Art School